Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Guilty Pleasures


Today is one of those days where I felt inspired to write and work on some stuff. But I kept getting distracted, and out of the 7 things on my to do list I managed to complete 4. One thing I did manage to do was satisfy my need for things that are VERY unimportant! lol They fall somewhere on my list of guilty pleasures. One of those things that you know isn't necessarily good or bad for you, but there is some reason why it does not need to be an important part of your life. But not only can you not shake it, you don't want to! So I decided to make a short list and share it with you. Hopefully I won't embarrass myself too much! lol Now all of them aren't the most horrible things in the world, but the weird relationship I have with them is the crazy party. Don't worry I'll explain. :-) Feel free to comment and share yours.

Top Five Guilty Pleasures (In no particular order)

1. Freaking my mom out-I think as a daughter its my job to freak my mom out and make her think I'm weird. I'll say something randomly about stripping, getting implants, failing a class, getting married, etc., just to see what she would say. Luckily I've done enough good things in my life where she doesn't just go off on me. Plus she has a good sense of humor. I'm her only child, I have to keep her on her toes!

2. Procrastinating- There is something about the thrill of knowing you don't have a lot of time left to finish a project that really gets my adrenaline pumping. A lot of people wouldn't know it, but I will plan something thoroughly and not execute the plan if I feel like have too much time to do it. In the end, I always get it done I have found that a lot of my best work comes through in panic and working in a fury LOL.

3. Diddy Reality Shows- I don't know what it is about his reality shows but I always get hooked. Something about the drama and his no nonsense attitude keeps me in front of the tv for every show...every season!

4. Maury- I don't know why I get shocked at the women that test 6 men for 1 baby, the 14 year old girls that are shaking a** for cash because they have lost their way, or the men that deny their girlfriend's baby for no reason at all. It's pure comedy filled with white trash, hood stars, hoes, tricks, and bastard babies. Can't get enough of the foolishness.

5. Shopping- If its cute, I have to have it NOW. If I have the exact same shoe in red, I don't care I need it in black. If its hot I have to buy it. I act on impulse and throughly enjoy shopping alone waaaay more than with friends. If you saw my closet, you would think I was crazy. I'm also one of those crazy people that only wears about half of what's in my closet.

I also enjoy midnight snacks, anything about Beyonce, watching funny videos of people falling on youtube, making cute guys blush, The Tiny and Toya Show, and laughing at gay guys that think their dress and lashes somehow matches their 5 o'clock shadow (seriously?????).


Hope you had a good laugh!
Later dudes

J

1 comment:

  1. Yes! OMG, those are the things that you know you prob shouldn't but it feels so good. lol.
    I read this post this morning and have been thinking about my own list all day. Here's goes:

    I have to agree with some of yours:

    -Diddy shows (and a lot of other reality shows including Real Housewives of Atlanta and Real Chance of Love might be added to the list :-/)- even though I know how contrived the drama is and how silly all that nonsense it, I can't help but to tune in and watch every episode and the encores

    -YouTube- I can easily spend hours going from video to video of pure nonsense

    -gay guys- like our good friend at Ihop. Fabulous gay guys are so fascinating!

    Now I have to add a few of my own:
    Eating- knowing I'm not even hungry but just indulging in something ridiculous makes me happy on the inside

    -sipping a little drinky drink for no good reason :-)

    -giving my number to guys in the club- knowing i don't want half of them to call but it's still a bit of excitement about it

    -getting lost/taking the scenic route- it's always so much more fun to explore

    -cartoons- it just feels sooo good to sit and think about nothing but the maniacal laughter of Spongebob and all of my other cartoon friends

    Is it sad that I got a bit of satisfaction just thinking about these guilty pleasures. lol :-)

    ReplyDelete