Friday, August 7, 2009

My Prerogative

So...we have an open position in my office and the guy is pretty young. So he is a big part of the twitter/youtube/facebook/ and anything else that is a part of our technology crazed generation. One of the staff members in the office decided to google his name to see what he could find. (His resume was interesting seeing as how the last job he had was as a snowboard instructor! LOL) This guy is not particularly tech savvy but he found a couple videos. Turns out this guy has a youtube channel! One of the videos in particular is pretty funny, but it talks about rednecks, and is complete with confederate flags and all...but its clearly a joke. Now everyone thought it was funny so it wont effect his possibiliy of being hired. But the real question is....what does this really have to do with him getting a job??? I party and play hard after 5, but I'm still a reliable and dependable employee. The older people in the office just went crazy talking about see "thats why you have to be careful what you post on the internet"! Although I do agree, I honestly feel like my facebook pics of me having fun shouldn't have anything to do with my job!!! Now I can honestly say, there arent any pics of me shaking a** for cash, doing anything illegal or nekkie pics of my no-no spot up for anybody to see. I think THATS where the line should be and people need to be concerned. But don't judge me for having fun dammitt! It's my prerogative! LOL!

Maybe I'm just defending my generation...what do youthink is fair?
(Please enjoy this Bobby Brown while you think...no really...he is gettin in it in this video) ;-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q39E_DgfHqs


:-*

J

2 comments:

  1. "shaking a** for cash" LOL!

    It's true though, and I've always thought the same thing. Your personal life and business life are separate and it's not fair that someone else decides to intertwine them without your permission.

    ReplyDelete